Built by the Shipyard Hijos de J. Barreras, S.A.
Delivered in 2011, the Edda Fides is the only built monohull hotel vessel in the world. Its main mission is to provide highly comfortable accommodation services to personnel operating in the marine oil fields. It has a capacity for 600 people, an area of 1,400 m2 of deck and is equipped with DP3. It has an offshore crane capacity of 60 ton at 37 m / 10 ton at 50 m.
he ship has been constructed and classified according to DNV standards, obtaining the following notation: DNV , +1A1, ICE C, Passenger Ship, SPS, Fire Fighter II, SF DYNPOS AUTRO, CLEAN DESIGN DK (+), COMF-V (2), COMF-C (3), NAUT AW, HELIDK-SH, PMS, E0, ISM
- Length 130 m
- Length between p.s 126 m
- Trace beam 27 m
- Track length 9,40 m
- Maximum draft 7,20 m
- Dead weight 7.500 tpm / dwt
- Propulsion Power 5 x 2.500 KW
- Power Type Diesel-electric
- Test Speed 12,5 knots
- Speed in service 11 knots
- Crew and passengers 600 personas
- Gross Tonnage 20.323 GT
- Net Tonnage 7.126 GT
- Gas - oil Tank Capacity 2.470 m3
- Fresh Water Tank Capacity 2.457 m3
- Ballast water Tank Capacity 5.975 m3
- Lubricating oil Tank Capacity 161 m3
- 6 main generator sets Wartsila 9L26 of 2925 kW each. Total installed power: 18050 kW.
- 5 Voith Schneider (VSP) 32R5 EC / 265-2 propellers of 2500 kW each
- 2 Brunvoll bow thruster of 1400 kW each
- Dynamic positioning system Kongsberg K-Pos (DYNPOS-AUTRO. IMO Class 3)
- A gangway for personnel access to oil rigs
- A 60 Ton offshore crane at 37 m / 10 Ton at 50 m.
- 2 cranes from 15 Ton to 20 m.
- 6 closed rescue boats JY-QFN-9.35, with capacity for 100 people each
- 2 rescue boats type GJ6.0B-1
- Heliport designed for helicopters type S-61 and S-92.