Vessel built by the shipyard HIJOS DE J. BARERAS, S.A.
Delivered in 2009, the WG Columbus is the first of a series 4 of the latest generation of seismic exploration vessels built at their facilities.
It is an inverted bow design (X-Bow), which gives it a very good performance in adverse sea conditions. The vessel has 12 "streamers winches", 6 "gun winches" and is equipped with DP2 dynamic positioning system.
The vessel has been built and classified according to DNV standards with the consequent class notation: +1A1, SF, E0, DYNPOS-AUTR, CLEAN DESIGN, COMF-V(3), ICE-C, NAUT-AW, HELDK.
- Length Overall: 88,80 m
- Length between Perpendiculars: 82,00 m
- Moulded Breadth: 19,00 m
- Depth to Main Deck: 8,00 m
- Maximum Draught: 6,60 m
- Deadweight at 6.6 m: 3.800 tpm
- Power: 7.200 Kw
- Type of propulsion: Electric-diesel
- Speed in tests : 15 knots
- Crew: 69 persons
- Gross tonnage: 6.922 GT
- Net tonnage : 2.077 GT
OWN TANK CAPACITIES
- Gas oil tank capacity 1.500,00 m3
- Fresh water tank capacity 1.050,00 m3
- Lubricant oil tank capacity 80,00 m3
- Ballast water tank capacity 1.910,00 m3
- 6 main generator sets with a capacity of 1,710 kWe each consisting of a diesel engine from 1,800 kW to 1,000 rpm.
- 2 electric propulsion engines with a capacity of 3,000 kW each at 1,000 r.p.m.
- Retractable Bow Azimuth Thruster: 1 x 850 KW
- Bow Tunnel Thruster: 1 x 1200 kW .
- Emergency Generator: 1 x 215 KW at 1500 rpm
- 1 off-shore electro-hydraulic crane from 10 Tm to 21 m
- System for the treatment of NOx emissions by Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR).
- A fire protection system for global protection for engine rooms, electrical switchboard, seismic compressor area, incinerator site and a local protection system for generator sets and water treatment plants.
- A self-contained foam extinguishing system for the heliport and seismic streamers.